Monday, February 14, 2011

252. Resolution



I think I am now keeping a better log than I was in the beginning and I like that.

And since this is the last day of an exceptional year I wonder if I can pen a New Year’s Resolution? 

Here’s one without thinking: In the coming year I will try to use everything I know and continue to follow the flow. And it even rhymes.

Exactly one year ago I heard of Elizabeth’s death in the plane crash. Nothing in my life has shocked me more. I’ve sure been hurt and bamboozled but for plain, consuming shock and grief, that news a year ago takes the prize. I lost a real friend and I’m still “waiting for my visa” out of this life. In the meantime, I sometimes think of her energy and joy in the small, ordinary things in life and try harder myself.


...

No comments: