Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5 Airplane Crash


Anubis



5. Airplane Crash


“Four Feared Dead in Light Plane Crash”

“Upulu Point, Hawaii: Debris of a light plane that crashed Friday night while carrying four persons from Honolulu to Hilo was found yesterday off the North Kohala coastline.

Coast Guard authorities said the plane apparently hit the water with great impact and no survivors were expected to be found.”

“Dear Tom, This is a difficult letter for me to write, so I’m going to keep it short. I thought you should and would like to know about Elizabeth’s fatal plane crash…I don’t have the specific date but it occurred before Christmas a few days after you left.”


gone

the cold, white moon
the blue candle
becomes a waterfall
and life ahead
looks empty
as a desert road

you left
too soon

thru the black casement
peach trees bloom
under gray cloud forest
mountains roll
in the icy pool
children play

I think of you light
years of time
and space away


But when I close my eyes in sleep, my magical friend often meets me smiling. I feel her warm in my arms. We talk and laugh. Once, in a dream, I said, “But you are dead.” She smiled, “Oh, yes. I’ve been dead some time now.” We both laughed. But when I wake I’m lonely.


...

1 comment:

Thomas Wold said...

Author's footnote:

This crash took place more than thirty years ago.

I wrote and self-published "Earthprobe" in 1976.

I "carried Elizabeth with me" for many years until one evening in Russia in 1999, listening to an old favorite song, "Evergreen", which was in a collection of old records left in an apartment I was renting, I realized it was time for me to let her go--to "free her spirit" and me.

Aloha, Elizabeth. TW