Wednesday, May 13, 2009

22. Powers


22.

Grocery Store and B + B


Pilgrims need bread too so I go into a village grocery store and chose some supplies.

I am waiting at the checkout counter when a display of canned goods stacked nearby suddenly collapses onto the floor.

There is no doubt in my mind that somehow I have caused the neatly piled cans to tumble though I certainly did not intend to do it. I have not touched them—I am not even very near them…but I am absolutely certain that somehow I am responsible.


The same evening, I discover an open bed and breakfast hotel in the next village. The manager gives me a key to my upstairs bedroom but when I go upstairs alone and click my room’s light switch, every light in the hotel goes out.

The manager finds that the electric current has somehow shorted out and soon gets the lights on again, but I have an uncanny feeling again that it is my fault.


Well, I have read somewhere that sometimes persons on a spiritual path may open psychic doors to certain uncanny skills like bringing rain or walking on water, which they sometimes use to benefit themselves or others but it seems typical of my own bassackward learning style that, if I am accidentally getting
such powers in a very limited way I not only do not know how to use them constructively, but that the powers themselves will be more or less goofy jokes.

Or more likely these occurrences are simply instances of megalomaniac paranoid thinking.



tomasito 2009


...

No comments: