Thursday, May 5, 2011

305. Flying Home



The plane out of Nepal passes near Mount Everest. Snow is blowing off the world’s loftiest peak in a soft cloud.


Bangkok, Thailand: The usual airport hustlers are waiting. I am almost taken for an expensive taxi ride to an expensive airport hotel by one of the usual airport parasites-- when my earthprobeing experience takes control of my mind and actions.


Slow down. Take it easy. There is no hurry.


I wait for the other arriving airport tourists to make their frantic bid for security in an alien environment. I walk around a bit and then casually catch a regular city bus downtown. On a back street near Siam Square I find a hotel I can afford and, much too curious about this unusual city to rest, I walk out to “probe” the place.


...

No comments: