Tuesday, January 4, 2011

212. Tripoli, Lebanon



As the days pass I get better acquainted with this old town. 

The regular, on-time meals provided by my host, and the friendship of the Moslem “brothers” has a beneficial effect on my body and spirit.


As I gather physical strength I learn a little about Islam, “The Way of Submission” as it is explained to me.


Moslems claim to have a newer and better “revelation” from God than Christians (or anyone else)—and the way I came to this place at this time is certainly “in the flow”.

Submission to exactly what is not so clear, but the guru says it is “submission to the Will of God”, whatever that is. And I guess that is where the problems come in because so many resolute men have discovered that they and usually only they really know what the will of God is! This can of worms has cost a lot of blood in the past and will undoubtedly cost a lot more before the drama is played out


I often visit the mosque with the guru and, after I have the routine well in hand, go by myself since the guru has a daytime job. He is a judge in a Moslem court. (In Lebanon, Moslems have their own courts and legal system, which is parallel to the State’s legal system.) 


...

No comments: