Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Letter to the Companions


The Imhotep Construction Company

On Time and Under Budget


To:
The companions of the
Imhotep Construction Company

19 September, 1999, Vladivostok, Russian Far East

Dear Colleagues,

I know I'm a little slow getting this report out, but I also know that time is of next to no importance to you-all.

You know how busy I've been with one thing and another since I signed up for the “graduate level course in life”, (LIFE 501, 0 credits, University of Hard Knocks) and started out on what has turned out to be one hell of a long field trip! (See earlier reports: “earthprobe” by Starship (me), l976, little Red Hen Publishing Company, Jenner, California {now a rare book}, and “Big Flow's Cosmic Repair Works”, Thomas F. Wold; private printing of 19 slim scroll copies, 1979, Snug Harbor, California {extremely rare!}).

It's been twenty-six years of the time that flies in this part of the continuum and the little excursion I expected to be so much fun in 1972 when I was sitting, dream-planning in Coco's Restaurant in Waikiki at famous “Kau-Kau Korner” (with a Kau-Kau Burger and fries) has led me, by the mazy pathways we think of as "chance", to this dormitory room in Vladivostok in what was then The Soviet Union and which is now God Knows What in the Russian Far East

Now that we can communicate by E-mail, I'm gonna send you-all a full report. And please forgive my grammar. I'm gonna use modern American slang which is, I think, appropriate for the modern American scribe I always thought I would be and now, apparently, am. As always, one gets what one pays for, and, as I have paid with a good portion of my lifetime--now you will get paid with this report and I hope it satisfies some of the requirements for the course.

I would like to "pass". (But not just now. I'd like to look around a few more corners.)
You don't need to reply to these report letters in words. Just keep your sixth sense circuit open and I'll probably get the message. I will use words though since that’s what a scribe like me does and, besides, I want to send copies of this to some other friends around the planet who like words.

I'm working full time too, so these reports will be short and sweet. It's 3 a.m. now, and I haven't been a night owl since I was "Tommy the Drummer" on Hotel Street in old Honolulu of the nineteen hundred and sixties. So goodnight.

Give my love to all the old Company friends on this and the other side of the veil and remember:

"we shall gather at the river".

Respectfully,
Thomas F. Wold, The Plugged-in Pilgrim


...

No comments: