Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kez com


Skipping Stones

After I posted the hunting with a repeating shotgun blog, I received the following E-note from Bro Joe's son, Kez, who is grown, married and has a little girl about the same age as I was in the Colorado Alligators story.

See how things go---like ripples in a pond down the years and down the years.


Tomasito, 2008

Tom,

It has been a real pleasure reading your "blog" and getting a picture of things that Dad always told us about.

I happen to have that 12 gauge "repeater" from Grandpa sitting in a bag in my closet. It breaks down into two pieces and fits neatly into a fold over canvas bag. It is in need of some blueing and probably a good cleaning, but I know that 10 years ago it still shot birds.

I've got the 12 gauge from Grandpa Wold and a breakdown 4-10 from Grandpa Johnson, I don't hunt at all anymore, but I treasure them both.

paz,
Kez

My reply:

Hi Kez:
>
> Thanks for the note.
>
> Makes me feel good that you have the shotguns but don't
> hunt anymore. They were an important tool in the old
> days--but times have sure changed! They make good relics and
> museum pieces though--like old suits of armor,
>
> The Imhotep Construction Company blog is going to continue
> with some family stories that you will enjoy, I think.
>
> Thanks again for the encouraging letter!
>
> All well here,
>
> Love, T&T

And from Kez...

And when you catch a fish you can generally put it back a little wiser, not so much a bird full of pellets.

Kez


...

No comments: