Saturday, October 11, 2008

ICC Intro part two

(continued from page three)

When I left Hawaii, I dreamed I would someday write three books and I wanted to use these titles: "earth probe", "Big Flow's Cosmic Repair Works" and "The Imhotep Construction Company".

I have written the first two titles and published them in small editions myself because I did not have the patience to find and sell my work to a publisher and also because I wanted to "do it all myself".

I called my publishing company “The Little Red Hen Publishing Company” after the bird in the children’s story, who not only "does it all herself", but who also reaps all the rewards herself. (I'm still waiting for the rewards!)

The revolution in electronic communication took place while I was on the road.
Now I have a computer too, so this “virtual book”, "Imhotep Construction Company", will be transmitted first to those who want to read it as an electronic publication--and then, perhaps, it will be converted into an old fashioned printed book for those, like me, who still love the touch, odor and company of a “real” book.

The Web Designer of this web-book is my dear wife, Tanya.

The title I chose for this book, “Imhotep Construction Company”, shows the fanciful connection I feel with the creative seekers of the past. "Imhotep" is the name of the mythic architect/designer/builder of the Great Pyramid in Egypt but few today know anything certain about him. Perhaps "Imhotep" was not an individual at all but a “school” of engineers and builders who lived over a period of several lifetimes using the same name.

By using the title "Imhotep Construction Company" for this book, I wish to honor those old builders and to affirm that artifacts of human culture and the endless qualities of the human spirit continue to evolve. The “construction” necessary for this construction company is not a monument made of stone nor even one built of flesh, bone and blood since “Spiritual Engineering” may be our ultimate human task

I plan to include anything I want to in this volume: memories, yarns, poems, whatever--so don’t expect it to fit neatly into any literary genre.

That's all for now. Good reading.

Tomasito

No comments: