Wednesday, June 24, 2009

16. Tuxla, Maxico



16.

Tuxla, Mexico:


Night clubbing with my charming Parisian fellow travelers is something new.

All Mexican men seem to find them irresistible and ply them with the smoothest combination of free drinks, food, and offers of sightseeing jaunts I have ever imagined.

I thought “The Latin Lover” was a literary fiction, but here they are, alive and well and slick as grease in Tuxla, of all places!
And hitchhiking (they call it “auto-stop”) is a backpacker’s dream.

No automobile seems able to pass them by without offering them (and me) a free ride to wherever we want to go! The French girls are doing the “Two weeks with a pocketful of money” touristic thing so while we are together we really move around seeing the sights!
I also discover that with the proper motivation, I can speak French!


...

No comments: