Monday, April 13, 2009

Pilgimage to Holy Mountain p. 43

Tom 2009, Tanya photo


Epilogue


Now, many years later, writing this and thinking back on my singular pilgrimage to Holy Mountain, I am grateful that I was allowed to see and participate in a way of life which is perhaps unique in this day and age. Perhaps the experience made a better person of me. I hope so. And I hope lots of spiritual merit, whatever that is, is bestowed on the woman who commissioned me to be her proxy

If I had made a different choice in the hermit’s cave beneath Saint Anne’s, I might have gained but I would have also missed many years of experience and adventure in the outside world, would never have met nor known great happiness and fulfillment with my dear wife and friend, Tanya.

I believe it was a right choice for me.

Tomasito, 2009


© Thomas F. Wold
Escondido, California
2009

No comments: