Sunday, June 24, 2012

Communication Revolution



Me, 2009.  (Tanya photo)


All of the above planning and dreaming was before computers, E-mail and Internet. The revolution in electronic communication happened while I was on the road. Now even I have a few computer skills and my wife, Tanya, is a computer expert--what is affectionately called a geek..

This last of my proposed three titles, “The Imhotep Construction Company” then, is presented now as a blog which may someday become a printed-on-paper book for those who still love the feel, smell and sight of a traditional book.

"Imhotep" is the name of the mythic architect/designer/builder of the Pyramid of Joser, supposedly one of the oldest pyramids in Egypt. My title: “Imhotep Construction Company”, celebrates the fanciful connection I feel with the creative workers, seekers and builders of the past.

 The “construction” necessary for my generation’s “Imhotep Construction Company” though,  may not be another pyramid of stone but a "construction" of mind-stuff (consciousness)— the “spiritual engineering” which is probably  homo sapiens' ultimate project

I plan to include memories, yarns, poems. cartoons, photos and even some recipes in this book, so don't expect it to fit neatly into any literary genre.

That’s it for now.  Welcome and good reading.



...

No comments: