Wednesday, September 28, 2011

39. Party Me


Personally, I enjoyed Pete's party to the max.


I didn't have to do anything--I was just another guest--except that I was neither so young, so beautiful nor so rich as the other guests.

I fit in as well as I could and enjoyed the idea that I was a part of a scene that I had only watched  before in movies.


The women were charming. They seemed to like speaking English to a real American (like me!) and with my pilgrim's whiskers, long hair and hard-time traveler's outfit I must have been at least a conversation piece.


The men were mostly either young and beautiful and rich or slightly older, beautiful enough and very, very rich.


Leather jackets and silk scarves were in for the men and bare arms and shoulders were the costumes of the women--and the whole thing was really too much fun!


For directing traffic at the improvised parking-lot, Pete even had one of his skier buddies dressed as a professional  parking-lot attendant down to the smart black cap and little leather change pouch they must carry in Rome or Napoli--though I personally have never had a Lamborghini to turn over to any parking lot attendant anywhere!

There was plenty of the appropriate delicious foods and mandatory superb wines free for all!

Truly a world-class molto wunderbar magnifique fiesta!


...

No comments: