Thursday, June 16, 2011

23. Ponderosas

Ponderosa Pine Pond

Between the world-famous Arizona town of Sedona where spiritual seekers go to spend their hopeful money on enlightenment and the Northern Arizona University town, Flagstaff, where students go to spend their hopeful parent's money on higher education, lies one of the prettiest drives in this state of beautiful highways: the Oak Creek Canyon.

This scenic highway, following Oak Creek through it's canyon, is very narrow and twisting--emerging at the head of the canyon on the Mogollon volcanic plateau. The canyon itself is filled with a mixed forest of green--so different from the deserty tans south of Sedona, it is wonderfully refreshing.

The highland--the Mogollon Plateau --is forested almost entirely with one of my most favorite trees--the Ponderosa Pine. 

I love the scent of the Ponderosa Pine forest and I love the waves-on-the-beach sound of the wind passing through the top pine-needle-leaved branches. (I REALLY love this piney sound. It is, to me, more satisfyingly musical than Bach--and THAT is my very highest compliment!)


Tanya Snapping Me

My Favorite Person in My Favorite Ponderosa Pine Forest.


...

No comments: