Sunday, April 14, 2013

Home

I liked a lot of things about living as an adult with my parents, but what I liked most was meeting them as adults.

Dad and I made a practice of sitting together at the little breakfast bar area if the A-frame's tiny kitchen every afternoon at about four o'clock for what we called "The Children's Hour" when we would just relax from whatever tasks we had accomplished during the day with a glass of Port wine.

Later in the evening, usually after eating our supper together, dad would play his old favorites on the electric organ and I would accompany him on my cool crystal Ludwig drum set which we kept set up right next to the organ. Mom was our appreciative audience when we did these almost nightly sedate little jam sessions.

How many kids get to have these kinds of experiences with their parents?


...

No comments: