Friday, October 15, 2010

185. Che in Jerusalem



185. 


Che in Jerusalem


I have heard from a number of backpackers that the best/cheapest place to eat in Jerusalem is “Uncle Moustache’s Café” just inside the Herod Gate.


I am walking out of my pension wearing the Che Guevara tee shirt I bought from a street vendor in Alexandria because it was dirt cheap and I thought it was funny to see the Cuban revolutionary’s face on an Egyptian Tee-shirt, when the hotel clerk stops me. He warns me that Che is not popular here and I might get into trouble if I wear the shirt. I am not interested at all in making some political statement with a Tee-shirt so I go back to my room, take it off, tear it up and throw it in the trash!

(I don't know why they don't like Che, but...)


Then, more correctly clad, I venture out to find Uncle Mustache's. 


...

No comments: