Sunday, July 11, 2010

161. Aum


161.


The famous “King’s Chamber” is empty except for the mysterious “stone box”, which some think was a sarcophagus for a pharaoh’s mummy, but which is obviously too small for such a use.

The way they buried the old pharaohs, in coffin within coffin and sarcophagus inside sarcophagus make the idea preposterous.

I hop into the box myself but cannot lay down straight though I am only about six feet tall.

No, this lidless stone box is for something else besides a coffin, but I don’t know what!


If there ever was any thing else in this room--which was sealed and untouched until fairly recently--those contents were looted, dispersed and vanished long ago.


Even so--perhaps the vibrations set in motion by the very shape of the pyramid are still at work and perhaps being in this strange place is changing us somehow.

I have heard that the word “pyramid” refers somehow to “fire” and these geometric forms may be energetic in some currently unknown way. Well…


Previous treasure hunters have carved a big hole in one corner of the chamber and covered their work with heavy boards. I discover I can make a good loud drum sound by beating on the boards with my hands and so we four explorers chant “aummmmm” to a good rhythmic beat here in the heart of the great pyramid.


Maybe our echoes mix with some enduring vibrations left over from the great engineers who envisioned and built this place.

We’re here, Imhotep! The scattered pieces of Osiris are coming together again!!



...

No comments: