Saturday, November 22, 2008

American Green

Tomasito (Tanya photo)

$ American Green $


I sing the American Dollar,

The Long American Green;

It won't buy health or happiness

But it does have certain sheen!


When I decided to travel,

When I was only a teen;

By luck I carried a pocketful
Of good old American Green.


At the border the guard got angry

When searching my bags he's been,

But he waved me thru with a happy smile
When I gave him American Green.


The maitre-d’ was offended

By my tee-shirt and patchy blue jean;

But he shows me the best seat in the house

When I show him American Green.


The country I cross is starving.

There's nothing to eat-not a bean!

But I dine on steak and caviar

With a little American Green.


The people here are struggling

With a dictator that's mean;
But I ride thru so easy and cool

On a cloud of American Green.


Oh, I love the Way Contemplative,

And nightlife too's my scene;

So I swing like a king or a hermit

With some help from American Green.

Some say the euro's The Answer,

On yen or pounds they're keen;

But from Hollywood to Timbuktu

They love my American Green.


So, if you want to travel far

With a mind relaxed and serene;

Just carry a backpack stuffed to the brim

With good old American Green!


Starship (Ages Ago)

...

Tomasito, 2008

...


No comments: